Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon Jul 24
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Tue Jul 25
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Wed Jul 26
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Thu Jul 27
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Fri Jul 28
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Sat Jul 29
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Sun Jul 30
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
9/11 Sibling Grief Study Invitation for MEN ONLY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: 9/11 Sibling Grief Study Invitation for MEN ONLY
Sep 26, 2012

Montclair State University
Sibling Grief Study Invitation for MEN ONLY

Hello, my name is Vincent Viglione and I am a doctoral candidate for a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and the researcher in a proposed study: Adult Sibling Grief in the 10 Years after September 11, 2001. For purposes of this study, I have been seeking 12 participants who have lost a sibling in the attacks of September 11, 2001 and who were at least 21 years of age of 9/11/01 (9/11 Siblings). The response of women who lost siblings was overwhelming. Over 30 responded. However, there were only 2 men who agreed to be interviewed. Their responses were markedly different from the women lending credence to the assumption that men process their grief and conceptualize their loss in remarkably different ways.

I am hoping for a response from 2 to 4 men who have lost either a brother or a sister in those attacks. Your participation will be in the form of an interview of approximately 90 minutes. It will have a conversational tone that will enable me to understand at how 9/11 Siblings have dealt with the grief process over the last decade, to what degree they have come to terms with their siblings death, what circumstances may have complicated resolution and the manner in which they were able to keep the memories of their siblings intact. Participation in this study may elicit painful memories of an extremely difficult time in your life, but it may also allow you to fully process the very personal journey you have been on these past ten years. Depending on the quality and fullness of responses, there may be a follow up conversation of a shorter duration. Interviews will be audiotaped and transcribed. All information will be kept confidential and anonymous. Ideally, the interview should be in person, but, in the event that its not possible, we can utilize Skype technology or just use telephone.

No participant can be someone I known because the empirical nature of this study. If, by chance, we have met or spoken before, you would not be eligible. However, that is unlikely. If you agree to participate, I will inform you of any further details, as well as how I will protect the identity of you and your sibling.

It may be important for you to know that I worked in the shadow of the Worth Trade Center Twin Towers for 25 years and watched them being built. I, too, have suffered a loss that day of which I am willing to share with you if you so desire. I have an interest in this topic both personally and professionally. I thank you for your time and would be happy to answer any questions. Please consider participating. I may be reached at vsviglione@optonline.net or by phone at 201-572-7173.

Very truly yours, Vincent Viglione
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: