Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue Mar 21
Wed Mar 22
Thu Mar 23
Fri Mar 24
Sat Mar 25
Prom Dress Giveaway ...
Sun Mar 26
Mon Mar 27
NJ - No Transportation to 9/11 Ceremony This Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: NJ - No Transportation to 9/11 Ceremony This Year
From Aug 28, 2012 to Sep 01, 2012 (included)

To All,

I received a voice communication today, stating that the State of New Jersey will not be providing transportation to this year's ceremony on September 11,2012.

Attached is a letter I have faxed to the Governor's office of NJ Chris Christie and to the Assistant Attorney General, Mr. John G.Holl

The governor's office fax number is 1-609-292-5212

The attorney General's fax number is 1-609-292-3508

I hope that all of the NJ 9/11 families will be informed and that they voice their opinions on the lack of this transpiration directly to the Governor and Assistant Attorney General.

Please help to communicate to the families located in NJ.

Warm Regards

Thomas J. Meehan III - 732-969-1510

Mr. Thomas J. Meehan III August 27, 2012
7 Trent Drive Holiday Heights
Toms River, New Jersey 08757
732-240-7543 Residence
tjmgrandpa@verizon.net

TO: The Governor of New Jersey The Honorable Chris Christie
Office of the Attorney General Assistant Attorney General Mr. John G. Holl

Dear Governor Christie & Mr. Holl,

A brief note of introduction, I am the father of Colleen Ann (Meehan)
Barkow, age 26, whose life was lost on September 11, 2001 at the WTC.
Colleen was a employee of Cantor-Fitzgerald, her partial remains were found on September 17th, 2001, the date which was to have been her first wedding anniversary.

My wife, JoAnn and I first would like to express our sincere thanks to Mr. Holl for his service and dedication to all of the families of the 760 New Jersey victims of this national tragedy. His kindness and tireless efforts for all families shall always be remembered.

I write to you today, because after eleven years my wife, Joann has been selected as a reader of the victims names for this year's anniversary ceremony to be held in New York. I was disappointed to receive a voice communication today, conveying the information that there will be no transportation from Liberty State Park to the ceremony provided by the New Jersey. My wife and I, as many of the family members , parents, siblings, extended family members have endured not only the loss of our loved ones, but the immense adverse health impact upon our lives, I have had a number of stent implants, a total of five, and am now facing additional surgery due to the loss of additional blood flow to my lower limbs. My ability to walk long distances has been affected.

The absence of transportation and security provided by the state of New Jersey will surely impact my wife and I as we attempt to reach the ceremony at the required arrival time. Just as I am sure other family

Members have suffered in mind and body as well. And the fact that the absence of this transportation may or may not be widely know to the public and the 760 9/11 families of New Jersey.

The current publicity surrounding the issues of the 9/11 MM add to the stress and tension that are associated with this years ceremony.

The Museum will not be opened as promised, the announcement that the remains will be part of the museum rather that be reposed in an above ground, holy and sacred tomb has divided the families as well.

The site will remain void of any physical reminder of the destruction that occurred , even to the barring of the Sphere's return to the site, to stand as a silent guardian over the names carved into the walls surroundŽing the two waterfalls.

One can only wonder where is the leadership of our great state, where is the leadership of those who are members of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, on these issues and why no voices are heard at this time from Trenton and our citizens.

Further with the absence of any speakers being permitted, including our Governor and the Governor of New York, it adds to the appearance of being abandon not once, but twice by our government officials.

I would hope you will re-consider your decision, and at the minimum afford a means for the readers to reach the destination in time for the ceremony.

It cannot be that the lives lost, all 760 , are not worth the cost of a ferry ride, to ensure that they are remembered by the State which they were born in, or lived their lives, or selected as their residence?

A simple acknowledgement would be appreciated.

God Bless

Thomas J Meehan III
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: