Joined: Mar 17, 2005
Location: Staten Island
|Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:46 pm Post subject: Green Applied Projects for Parks Corps Members - 5/22
From May 18, 2012 to May 21, 2012 (included)
We’d like to share with you a unique job opportunity for your 18-24 year old constituents who are looking for short-term employment. The flyer attached describes the Green Applied Projects for Parks (GAPP) Corps Members program.
Here are additional program parameters and details, along with the details provided in the attached flyer:
· The Center for Economic Opportunity is funding the Green Applied Projects Program (GAPP);
· Program duration: 5 weeks; May 29 – June 29;
· Employs 18-24 year old young adults who are low income and/or disconnected from school or work;
· 180 participants being recruited citywide;
· Participants need to be signed up by 5/22 with NYC Parks’ Parks Opportunity Program (POP) who will do a one-day comprehensive participant training on 5/29; and
· Participants will receive t-shirts, a hat, goggles and gloves.
Please distribute to those who you think might be interested.
Outreach Coordinator, Staten Island
Partnerships for Parks
1150 Clove Road
Staten Island, NY 10301