Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sat Jul 22
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Sun Jul 23
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Mon Jul 24
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Tue Jul 25
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Wed Jul 26
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Thu Jul 27
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Fri Jul 28
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Victims Compensation Fund Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Victims Compensation Fund Information
From Dec 29, 2011 to Dec 31, 2011 (included)

Dear Friends, Supporters and Fellow First Responders:

As many of you already are aware, January 2, 2012 marks an important deadline for those that have currently pending 9/11 related state or federal litigation. In order to be eligible for the Victims Compensation Fund all currently pending 9/11 court actions must be withdrawn by such date.

Some of you have indicated that you have had difficulty ascertaining whether you have currently pending court cases, while others have also stated they have had problems relaying their desire to withdraw their actions to their counsel. Below, you will find a letter to the judge overseeing the federal court cases which can be submitted to show your intention to withdraw your currently pending matter. Please be aware, this is an un-official letter of withdrawal and will be officially rejected by the court. A stipulation of discontinuance still must be filed with the court. However, the Special Master has stated that she will accept these letters, as long as notarized and sent to the court certified mail by January 2, 2012, as proof of your intention and attempt to withdraw your case. The attached letter will assist in preserving your VCF rights.

As I have said before, please do not read this email as encouragement to withdraw your claim if you have decided to proceed with the court action. Instead, this email is merely to assist those that wish to withdraw their actions but have been unsuccessful to date.

As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the FealGood Foundation.

Have a safe, healthy and happy new year!

[INSERT NAME & RETURN ADDRESS & PHONE NUMBER BELOW]

December _____, 2011

Honorable Alvin K. Hellerstein
Daniel Patrick Moynihan United States Courthouse
500 Pearl Street Courtroom 14D
New York, NY 10007-1312

Re: Request Dismissal Of Case With Prejudice And Without Costs

Case Name & Number: ____________________

Dear Judge Hellerstein:

I am a September 11th First Responder. I am writing to advise the Court and all parties that it is my wish that all claims against all Defendant(s) or against any Defendant arising out of or relating in any way to World Trade Center related rescue, recovery, and/or debris-removal operations and/or clean up any location on and/or after September 11, 2011, to the extent they were asserted or could have been brought in relation to Plaintiffs existing pleadings be voluntarily dismissed with prejudice and that I request that this dismissal be without costs. It is my intention to file a claim under the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010.

I am writing this letter directly to the Court because I have been unable to confirm with my counsel whether they have discontinued my case as I had previously requested. I have attempted on several occasions to contact my counsel and I have either not been successful in making contact and/or my counsel has not provided me with proof that my case has been dismissed as I requested.

To the best of my knowledge and recollection I am represented by the following law firm:

Respectfully Submitted,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: