Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sat Mar 25
Prom Dress Giveaway ...
Sun Mar 26
Mon Mar 27
Tue Mar 28
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Fri Mar 31
Storm Preparations- from Councilman James Oddo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Storm Preparations- from Councilman James Oddo
From Aug 25, 2011 to Aug 27, 2011 (included)

Dear Friends:

With Hurricane Irene approaching, I attended a briefing this morning at City Hall with Deputy Mayor Cas Holloway and OEM Commissioner Joe Bruno. While it is still too early to know exactly what effect it will have on us, there is the possibility that we will have a rough weekend and possibly be hit hard by hurricane or tropical storm force winds late Saturday and Sunday. We should all be as prepared as possible for this.

I want to take this opportunity to direct you to the New York City Office of Emergency Management's severe weather web page, which you can reach by following this link - http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/nycsevereweather/weather_home.shtml. This site contains important storm related information that will be updated.

Like you, I am continuing to monitor the situation, which seems to change hour by hour.

As with other issues, I will be sending out timely updates and directly communicating with constituents through Facebook. If we are not already Facebook “friends” and you wish to see my updates or send me messages please send me a “friend” request. You can do that here: http://www.facebook.com/jimoddo.

Stay safe.

Jim Oddo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: