Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Fri Mar 31
Sat Apr 01
Where to Turn Cleanu...
Sun Apr 02
Mon Apr 03
Tue Apr 04
Response to 9/11 Memorial Museum Publication Notification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Response to 9/11 Memorial Museum Publication Notification
From Jun 22, 2011 to Jun 26, 2011 (included)

TO: Luisa Diez, Joe Daniels and Collections:

I received your email below today regarding use of my husband, Richard’s, image for use in publications and other advertising venues. I am horrified at the thought of you using my husband’s image for ANY promotional propaganda in connection with this museum. If I find that my husband’s image was used without my express consent, I will seek legal counsel.

Currently, the families have not been properly informed and advised about the human remains repository, the “corridor of victims images” (among other things) and until such time as they are, I will not allow the use of my husband’s image – in any manner.

Please advise when the appropriate respectful steps have been taken to inform and seek input from all victims’ family members regarding their loved ones and I may reconsider my position.

Sincerely,

Monica Gabrielle

Dear Friends,

In an effort to help raise awareness about the 9/11 Memorial Museum, we regularly reach out to and receive interest from the media about featuring our exhibition plans. The 9/11 Memorial Museum is acting on a wonderful opportunity to share information and images related to our planned memorial exhibition in Metropolis Magazine, an architecture and design publication. Among the images we plan to share is a rendering of the memorial exhibition’s interactive table surface, featuring a grouping of individual portraits. We would like to share this image with the magazine as well as post it on the section of our website that details the plans for the memorial exhibition. A copy of the image has been attached, for your reference.

As you will note, a portrait of your loved-one is among the 48 that comprise this rendering. The included portrait is the same one featured in our guide to the Memorial’s name arrangement, which you may view here <http> . These images have been contributed to the Museum directly by families and through our partner organizations (including the Living Memorial project of the Voices of September 11th), or from public sources. The image of your loved one is one that you shared with us directly or through one of our partners; we thank you sincerely for your participation.

We are extremely grateful to all of the families who have shared images and materials with us. We believe that the memorial exhibition will be one of the most important, compelling, and moving offerings of the Museum when it opens in the fall of 2012. If and when this written piece is published, we will share information with you about how to locate it.

With warm regards,

The Memorial Exhibition Team at the 9/11 Memorial Museum

911memorial.org | P (877)-671-1636 | collections@911memorial.org <mailto>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: