Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue Mar 28
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Fri Mar 31
Sat Apr 01
Where to Turn Cleanu...
Sun Apr 02
Mon Apr 03
New NYC prescription drug discount card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: New NYC prescription drug discount card
From May 23, 2011 to May 26, 2011 (included)

Dear Friends:

I would like to take this opportunity to let you know about New York City’s first official prescription drug discount card that was recently announced.

The BigAppleRx card is available free of charge at www.bigapplerx.com and can be used to save money at more than 2000 pharmacies citywide.

The card is available to anyone regardless of age, income, or health insurance status and is expected to save New Yorkers an average of 47% on prescription medications. While the BigAppleRx card cannot be used in combination with any other discount card or with insurance, it can be used to pay for medications that your insurance might not pay for.

Let me be clear, this program will not cost city taxpayers anything. The discounts are negotiated by the program administrator directly with participating pharmacies. City government does not cover the cost of the discounts.

I urge you to determine whether the BigAppleRx card might be helpful to you, and pass along this information to any of your family or friends who you believe might benefit from it.

As always, if I can be of assistance with any matter of concern, please do not hesitate to email me directly at joddo@council.nyc.gov or my Chief-of-Staff, Steven Matteo, at smatteo@council.nyc.gov or call my office at 718-980-1017.

All the best,

Jim Oddo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: