Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sat Apr 29
Sun Apr 30
Mon May 01
Tue May 02
Wed May 03
Thu May 04
Fri May 05
2011 DEP Rain Barrel Giveaway Program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: 2011 DEP Rain Barrel Giveaway Program
From Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:00 am to Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:59 am (included)

Good morning:

As part of its citywide stormwater management effort to reduce stormwater runoff and create a more livable, sustainable city, DEP initiated the Rain Barrel Giveaway Program in spring 2008 and distributed 250 barrels to homeowners in Queens Community Boards 12 and 13. Rain barrels capture stormwater from your roof and store it for future use such as watering your lawn or garden. Initiated by the Jamaica Bay Watershed Protection Plan, DEP targeted neighborhoods with the watershed for the second phase of the pilot program in 2009. DEP received a tremendous response for the program and distributed 750 barrels in 2009.

2011 Rain Barrel Giveaway
DEP is giving away another thousand rain barrels across the City in 2011. This year we are giving away rain barrels at the following locations:

Brooklyn
Saturday, April 16, 2011
9:00 am 2:00 pm
Marine Park Parking Lot
Avenue U

Queens
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Cunningham Park
196th Place & Union Turnpike

The Bronx
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Pelham Bay Park
Middletown Road Parking Lot
Off Stadium Avenue

Staten Island
Saturday, May 7, 2011
College of Staten Island
2800 Victory Boulevard

Please note: Rain Barrels will be given away on a first-come, first-served basis, one per household. You must live in a single-family or attached two-family home to participate in this exciting and innovative program.

Contact Us
For more information on the rain barrel program please mail us at rainbarrel@dep.nyc.gov, or call:

The Rain Barrel Giveaway Program is a key part of DEP's broader, citywide effort to better manage stormwater using a variety of innovative, sustainable techniques known as best management practices, or BMPs. Improved stormwater management is an important component of Mayor Bloomberg's PlaNYC initiative and Sustainable Stormwater Management Plan, plans for a greener, more livable city by 2030.

Karen D. Ellis I Borough Coordinator

NYC Environmental Protection I Community Partnerships I Bureau of Communications and Intergovernmental Affairs (BCIA)

O:(718)595-4394 I C:(347)461-8887 I F:(718)595-3477 I E: kellis@dep.nyc.gov
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: