Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Thu Apr 27
Fri Apr 28
Sat Apr 29
Sun Apr 30
Mon May 01
Tue May 02
Wed May 03
Meeting With Mayor Bloomberg, BP Molinaro & Debi Rose

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Meeting With Mayor Bloomberg, BP Molinaro & Debi Rose
From Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:00 am to Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:59 am (included)

To All,

We had a breakfast meeting with Mayor Bloomberg, Borough President Molinaro, Councilwoman Rose and Nazli Parvizi at the Gavel Grill this morning.

We all expressed our concerns as to how the storm was handled or mishandled.

The mayor listened to everything and was very receptive to both our input and criticisms.

He did acknowledge that the fact that the storm was much larger than projected and that occurred the day after Christmas contributed to much of the delays.

He also said that there was no evidence of a Sanitation slowdown but that all aspects of the cleanup were being looked into.

The remainder of the time was dedicated to discussing the Snow Shoveling for Seniors program and the possibility of expanding it into the other boroughs.

I told them that we needed help getting the word out to get more students involved.

I also told him we were looking into breaking the program into election districts and trying to get “on call” volunteers to help with emergency calls from seniors.

We discussed our idea about setting up a fund to supply medical benefits to volunteers in lieu of pay at not for profits but he did not think it would work.

We also discussed the possibility of giving tax breaks for volunteers and he really liked the idea and said that he would pass it on to the President’s people as it is an idea that President Obama should be interested in.

Finally we talked about how Where to Turn got started and our need for support to get the United in Memory 9/11 Victims Memorial Quilt displayed in all 5 boroughs next year and he said he will help us get venues.

I also gave him our brochure about the Hearts and Hands Memorial.

At the end of the meeting he introduced me to Patty Harris and asked her to work with me on future projects.

All in all it was a productive meeting.

Special thanks to Nazli for getting us invited.

Dennis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: