Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun Jun 25
Mon Jun 26
Tue Jun 27
Wed Jun 28
Thu Jun 29
Fri Jun 30
Sat Jul 01
GILLIBRAND ANNOUNCES SENATE VOTE ON 9/11 HEALTH BILL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: GILLIBRAND ANNOUNCES SENATE VOTE ON 9/11 HEALTH BILL
From Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:00 am to Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:59 am (included)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Saturday, December 4, 2010

GILLIBRAND ANNOUNCES SENATE VOTE ON 9/11 HEALTH BILL

Gillibrand: 9/11 Heroes Deserve An Up Or Down Vote

Washington, DC U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is announcing that Majority Leader Harry Reid intends to file for cloture on the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act on Monday and that an initial Senate vote to begin formal debate on the bill will likely take place on Wednesday. Senator Gillibrand released the following statement:

When I first introduced this bill in the Senate last year, no one thought we would make it to this point. Due to the tireless effort of so many first responders and survivors, after nine long years we are close to fulfilling our duty to the 9/11 heroes, but we still have a lot of work to do.

The 9/11 heroes deserve an up or down vote. Lets put politics aside, engage in a thorough and respectful debate, and then let each senator decide for themselves whether the heroes and victims of September 11th deserve quality health treatment and appropriate compensation for their tremendous loss and sacrifice.

I am extremely thankful to Leader Reid for allowing this bill to come to a vote and I am thankful to all my colleagues who have already pledged to support the legislation. I am also grateful to my colleagues in the House, who passed this bill with bipartisan support earlier this year."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Press Releases All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: