Joined: Mar 17, 2005
Location: Staten Island
|Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:31 pm Post subject: Port Rich CERT: A Night to Remember
From Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:00 am to Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:59 am (included)
|WHAT AN OUTSTANDING EVENT AND EVENING LAST NIGHT !!!!!!
The reason I capitalized and colored the lettering GREEN is because last night was a night that the team should never forget.
What an outstanding show of team we had. It was an absolute HONOR & PRIVILEGE to be a small part a very large movement to be able to enrich the life of such an OUTSTANDING HERO and fellow Staten Islander, SPC Brendan Marrocco.
Through the conduit of the Stephen Siller Foundation the Port Richmond CERT Team became an extension of our brothers and sisters in the FDNY last evening solidifying our commitment to our First Responders to be a viable, trained, augmenting force of professional volunteers. The entire team performed as they were trained, professionally, and we all should be commended for that as well as having the thanks of the leadership for your commitment to detail and duty. Some of the people that were there to notice our team, of which you couldn't miss, all you had to do was open your eyes and we were right there in front of you. We were a sea of green vests committed to the safety and movement of people and vehicles that were there to pay honor to OUR LOCAL HERO.
Borough President Molinaro, State Senator McMahon, Janel Hyer-Spence, Commissioner Cassano FDNY, Frank Siller (Brother of Stephen Siller), Lt Eccelson (FDNY CERT Instructor), Secaucus Fire Department, Scott Lo Baido, Painter of Flags Across America and a myriad of others with a list too long to write.
WE WERE RECOGNIZED LAST NIGHT.
Some of the PRIVILEGES, HONORS and OPPORTUNITIES that presented themselves were,
* Participating in the raising of one of the largest American Flags between a Tower Truck and Aerial Ladder truck with FDNY & Secaucus FD
* Chauffeuring the Lt.Dan Band to and from their Hotels via FDNY Van
* Carrying and escorting of SPC Brendan Marrocco to his place of Honor in the theater
* Performing Fire Guard watch a the foot of the stage
* Escorting Dignitaries from their vehicles to the theater as they arrived
* Being introduced and having our photo taken with Brendan after the show
* Creating a liaison with the Secaucus FD CERT Team for future trainings and exercises
* Commitment from Scott LoBaido to paint an American Flag on the side of our vehicle
* Meeting Gary Sinesse and the Lt Dan Band
Along with the many, many words of praise and gratitude from those running all aspects of this remarkable event. We have taken a major step forward in being recognized as a trained , professional team that we all should be very proud to be a part of. The teams leadership would like to extend our sincerest thanks and gratitude to the commitment of all who participated and to all the team members for their roles as Port Richmond CERT members. It was a very long day for most of us yesterday and at times very trying, in the end it was an outstanding show of team spirit and commitment.
SAR Team Leader / Planning Chief