Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Fri May 26
Sat May 27
Sun May 28
Mon May 29
Tue May 30
Wed May 31
Thu Jun 01
SAN DIEGO FIRE RESCUE Brown Outs 2-6-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: SAN DIEGO FIRE RESCUE Brown Outs 2-6-10
From Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:00 am to Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 am (included)

To all,

I guess since this is America and I still have free speech, I thought I would share this bit of info with you about San Diego’s Public Safety Status.

Per an agreement with the city and the LOCAL 145 San Diego Fire Fighters Union, the Fire Department has agreed to BROWN OUT FIRE ENGINES. We have 47 engines that carry hose pump water and provide medical aid help. None of the 48 stations will be closed. Everyone of them will have a red light on outside the bay doors. But, not all of them will have a pumper. This was NOT what the fire chief or the UNION wanted, but it was what they were forced to execute to satisfy the deficit in the budget.

I just checked the roster (5:30 p.m. Friday eve, Feb 5th) and as of now, EIGHT Fire Engines will be closed as of 08:00 Sat morning, Feb 6th. This process will continue for 18 months on a daily basis with a three month review period to evaluate how “poor” the response time are. Until the city gets a better grip on the budget, they cannot afford to staff all of the fire engines n a FULL time basis. Unfortunately, public safety will suffer. Everyone in the city will wait just a little longer for a call for help, Fire, Medical or Traffic…

Now…. If you do not already know… I know and must of you do first hand: EVERY SECOND COUNTS in an emergency.

If it were up to me and I was the BOSS, I would have decreased or canceled the FREE garbage pick service the citizens have been privy to since the beginning of time. I pay for my garage pick up!

Mitch Mendler

Mitch Mendler E.M.T. Fire Fighter / Paramedic

President WORLD MEMORIAL 9/11 Memorial and Tribute
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: