Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Fri Mar 24
Sat Mar 25
Prom Dress Giveaway ...
Sun Mar 26
Mon Mar 27
Tue Mar 28
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Jimmy Max Completes the Circle...500 Meals will be Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Jimmy Max Completes the Circle...500 Meals will be Available
From Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:00 am to Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:59 am (included)

About a month ago I was speaking to a friend about some of our programs.

I told him that we were collecting toys and gifts for the less fortunate.

He said if I was collecting food that he ran Lamonica Fine Foods and had forty extra cases of clam sauce (480 cans)

So I told him that I would take them and I would try to find pasta to go with the sauce.

A few days later I was talking to Wendy trying to get the lights back on at Angels Circle.

The next day she called me and said that she had gotten a call from Met Foods looking to help at Angels Circle.

She told him that she didnít need anything but that I was looking for some pasta.

He called me the next day and donated 17 cases (340 pounds)

Principal Deirdre De Angelis of New Dorp HS heard about our drive and asked everyone who was attending this yearís sing to donate some pasta and did they respond.

Last Saturday they dropped off 110 pounds of pasta.

Tonight I was getting a slice at Jimmy Max and was telling Jimmy the story.

He asked how many more pounds we needed and said I could pick up 30 pounds on Monday night.

So what started as a simple conversation as turned into 480 meals for the less fortunate.

We will drop off everything after we pick up the pasta on Monday.

The generosity of the people on Staten Island continues to amaze me.

Others can continue to make fun of us and a very small percentage of our population can continue to give them reason.

The majority of Staten Islanders are hard working generous people and this is just an example of what I have seen over and over again.

So thanks to Mike, Mike, Deirdre and Jimmy nearly 500 meals will be available at our local food pantry.

Thanks for being caring, generous people and looking out for the less fortunate.

Because thatís what Staten Islanders do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: