Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun Jul 23
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Mon Jul 24
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Tue Jul 25
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Wed Jul 26
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Thu Jul 27
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Fri Jul 28
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Sat Jul 29
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
ANGELS CIRCLE NEEDS SOME ANGELS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: ANGELS CIRCLE NEEDS SOME ANGELS
From Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:00 am to Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:59 am (included)

To All,

Below is an e-mail I received from Wendy Pelligrino.

It appears that there was an electrical fire at Angels Circle that caused some damage and will require the replacement of the utility pole as well as some major electrical work.

The total cost will be well over $1,500.

As you know Angels Circle is probably the most personal 9/11 memorial in the world.

And Wendy maintains it and holds ceremonies for the 9/11 families and never asks anything in return.

Well here is our chance to help her out.

I have asked her to forward the full details so that I can pass them along.

In the meantime Sam Esposito has donated $500 from his sonís foundation and Where to Turn will match that donation.

In this season of giving I ask all of my friends to make a small donation to cover the remainder of the costs and to allow Wendy to continue to honor our lost loved ones with her great work at Angels Circle.

No contribution is too small

Donations can be made payable to

Angels Circle

And sent care of

Wendy Pelligrino
323 Grasmere Drive
Staten Island, NY 10305

If you have any questions give me a call at 718-966-6531

Thank you in advance for your generosity.

Dennis

TO THE FAMILIES WHO HAVE A LOVED ONE IN ANGELS' CIRCLE..ANGELS' CIRCLE IS IN DARKNESS.......

TWO WEEKS AGO THERE WAS AN ELECTRICAL FIRE IN ANGELS' CIRCLE.

THE FIRE DEPT. WAS CALLED WHICH ALERTED CON EDISON AND DEPT. OF PARKS. A CON ED REPRESENTATIVE INFORMED ME THAT THE ELECTRIC WIRES HAD TO BE CUT AND THAT SOMEHOW THE JOB THAT WAS DONE PROVIDING ELECTRIC TO ANGEL'S CIRCLE WAS NOT DONE PROPERLY.

I INFORMED HIM THAT CON ED RAN THE WIRES AND I ASSUMED THAT EVERYTHING WAS DONE THE RIGHT WAY AND THAT I HAVE BEEN PAYING MONTHLY FOR YEARS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.

HE INFORMED ME THAT THE WORK WAS NEVER COMPLETED AND NOW BECAUSE OF THE FIRE THE ONLY WAY THAT ANGELS' CIRCLE CAN HAVE ELECTRICITY IS IF I HAVE A 30 FOOT TELEPHONE POLE PUT IN AND A CON EDISON METER.

AT THE TIME OF THE FIRE KEVIN WALSH FROM WALSH ELECTRIC CAME BY KNOWING THAT I WAS IN A JAM. HE TALKED WITH THE MEN FROM CON ED AND AGREED TO DO WHATEVER WAS NEEDED TO INSTALL THE ELECTRICITY PROPERLY.

KEVIN IS A GODSEND. HE STEPPED IN AND MADE PHONE CALLS, APPLIED FOR PERMITS AND IS DOING EVERYTHING IN HIS POWER TO BRING THE LIGHTS BACK ON TO OUR LITTLE PIECE OF
HEAVEN.

LAST WEEK THE 30 FOOT POLE WAS PUT IN AND THE COMPANY HANDED ME A BILL FOR $900.00.

NEXT WALSH ELECTRIC WILL HAVE TO SURVEY THE AREA AND RUN WIRES UNDERGROUND AND PUT IN OUTLETS TO PROVIDE THE LIGHTING ON THE OUTSIDE AS WELL AS THE INSIDE.

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH IT HURTS ME TO SEE ANGELS' CIRCLE IN COMPLETE DARKNESS AT NIGHT.

IN THE PAST (WITHOUT LIGHTS) A CAR CRASHED INTO IT AND CAUSED $20,000 IN DAMAGE.

BESIDES THE FACT THAT ANGELS' CIRCLE IS OPEN 24 HOURS AND SOME FAMILY MEMBERS COME AT NIGHT AND THE LIGHTING PROVIDES SAFETY AS WELL AS LIGHTING UP EACH AND EVERY FACE FOR ALL TO SEE EVEN WHEN JUST DRIVING BY.

ANGELS' CIRCLE HAS BECOME MY HEART AND SOUL AND THOUGH IN LIFE I DID NOT KNOW ANY OF YOUR LOVED ONES SINCE 2001 THEY ARE VERY MUCH APART OF MY LIFE.

FOR 8 YEARS NOW WHEN I WALK INTO ANGELS' CIRCLE I SAY HELLO TO THEM. I TALK TO THEM.. I KNOW THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY...I KNOW WHEN IT'S THEIR BIRTHDAY...I SHARE EVERY HOLIDAY WITH THEM WHILE I AM DECORATING AND I AM HEARTBROKEN TO SEE THEM IN DARKNESS AS I KNOW YOU WILL BE ONCE YOU READ THIS EMAIL.

CHRISTMAS IS AROUND THE CORNER AND FRED ARIEMMA AND I DECORATE EVERY YEAR BUT WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO IF WE CANNOT GET THE ELECTRIC INSTALLED IN TIME.

I AM ASKING EACH FAMILY TO PLEASE SEND IN A SMALL DONATION TO HELP PAY WHATEVER THE COSTS ARE TO FINALLY HAVE THE JOB DONE PROPERLY.

I KNOW THESE ARE HARD TIMES FOR MANY AND THAT IS WHY I ASK THAT YOU JUST SEND A FEW DOLLARS...LET'S ALL WORK TOGETHER AND CHIP IN.

ANGELS' CIRCLE PEOPLE ARE FAMILY.

ANGELS' CIRCLE DOESN'T BELONG TO ANY ONE PERSON. IT BELONGS TO EVERYONE WHO SHARES IN THE LOSS OF THEIR LOVED ONE.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS OR ANY ORGANIZATION....WE ARE A CIRCLE...A CIRCLE OF PEOPLE WHO TOGETHER HAVE SUFFERED A TERRIBLE LOSS AND WHO TOGETHER CAN PROVIDE A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN HERE ON STATEN ISLAND TO HONOR AND KEEP THEIR SPIRITS ALIVE...

SO I ASK THAT NOT ONE PERSON BUT ALL OF US COME TOGETHER AND BRING THE LIGHTS BACK ON NOT ONLY FOR CHRISTMAS BUT FOREVER.

ANGELS' CIRCLE
323 GRASMERE DR.
S.I.N.Y 10305
718 442 1913

THANK YOU AND HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING,

WENDY PELLEGRINO

angels circle.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.24 KB
 Viewed:  1283 Time(s)

angels circle.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: