Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Fri Mar 31
Sat Apr 01
Where to Turn Cleanu...
Sun Apr 02
Mon Apr 03
Tue Apr 04
Unfortunately It's Not A Joke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Unfortunately It's Not A Joke
From Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:00 am to Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am (included)

What is the difference between winning the NYS lottery and finding an honest politician?

At least you have a chance at winning the lottery.

The Daily News reported today that 14 state lawmakers left Albany because of criminal or unethical conduct in the past decade.

10 of them in the past 5 years.

These numbers taken from a new report by the Citizens Union of the City of New York do not even include Eliot Spitzer or Alan Hevesi.

So over 10% of the 139 office holders that we elected to represent us have been forced to leave office.

And this number doesn’t even include those currently under investigation.

But here’s the kicker.

All of these people were caught by law enforcement.

Not one of them by the so called state ethic watchdogs that are currently in place.

Makes you feel real good about who is minding the hen house and how many more have yet to be discovered.

I wonder how many of these are still collecting pensions paid for with our tax payer money.

I also wonder how many dollars of campaign funds went towards defending these people while they were fighting the charges.

And you wonder why New York is in such dire straits.

If we are ever going to get back on track we have to start holding these guys responsible.

So once again I propose our “Political Pre-Nup”

http://www.where-to-turn.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43838

And I once again issue this public appeal to all elected officials to step forward and voluntarily sign on.

But I won’t hold my breath.

And the sad part about it is that this is just the tip of the iceberg and things are just as bad if not worse at the national level.

Take it from somebody who knew

“Sure there are dishonest men in local government. But there are dishonest men in national government too”.
Richard M. Nixon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: