Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Fri Mar 31
Sat Apr 01
Where to Turn Cleanu...
Sun Apr 02
Mon Apr 03
Tue Apr 04
Restore LSP public plaza

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Restore LSP public plaza
From Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:00 am to Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:59 am (included)

Restore LSP public plaza

by LEN AND LOIS WALDMAN/CRANFORD

Friday July 10, 2009, 12:01 AM

While I feel terrible about the 9/11 attack on our country, there was nothing that could have been done to prevent it. The destruction of the Liberty State Park public plaza and the view of the Manhattan skyline from that plaza is something that can be prevented.

My wife and I have spent many evenings at that plaza, enjoying both the entertainment and the unsurpassed views of Lower Manhattan. Many tourists and photographers, both amateur and professional, took advantage of the rather unique panoramic vista. The destruction of that view is akin to losing a national treasure.

My wife and I would like to formerly request that the existing hill be removed and the public plaza be restored to it's former grandeur. There are other areas in the park that could be used for the memorial which would properly honor those we lost and still provide a visual link to the Twin Towers former location.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: