Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Thu May 25
Fri May 26
Sat May 27
Sun May 28
Mon May 29
Tue May 30
Wed May 31
NJ Sept 11 Memorial Foundation petition - Memorial Location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: NJ Sept 11 Memorial Foundation petition - Memorial Location
From Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:00 am to Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:59 am (included)

SUBJECT: NJ Sept 11 Memorial Foundation petition - Memorial Location Liberty State Park
The Remembrance & Reflections Event was held on Sunday September 23, 2001. As a father who lost his daughter, Colleen Ann Meehan Barkow, age 26, a New Jersey Resident who worked for Cantor-Fitzgerald, I remember this event as if it were yesterday, attending the event with my wife, and son, and family members, as we were still filled with the grief and horror of the events of September 11,2001.

Perhaps it is the memories of this event and the remembrances which followed in the following years,viewing the Tower of Lights, the mournful sound of the bagpiper as he played in their honor and remembrance, the fact that almost quarter of the victims were from New Jersey, that tells my heart and mind that this is the place they should be remembered, so that the future generations of New Jersey residents can reflect on what was lost that day.

For my family the grief and loss will remain with us always, but I must tell you honestly that the Friends of Liberty State Park regardless of their motives, serve no justice to these victims when they make comparisons to the Berlin Wall, or seek to deny any memorial at the park, just as there are those who seek to deny the holocaust ever happen.
That type of rhetoric has no place in this public debate, and I urge them to remove these statements from their web site.
The 674 victims of New Jersey deserve better from those who live on in this state.

I urge you to read Ms. Parks email below, and act on her petition request, and write to her about your support of the site for this memorial.

Respectfully,
Thomas J. Meehan III
7 Trent Drive Holiday Heights
Toms River, NJ 08757
732-240-7543

PETITION REQUEST
The original email from E. Parks is shown here for your information:

SUBJECT: pls sign our NJ Sept 11 Memorial Foundation petition AND WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT THE LOCATION BEING IDEAL
Pls sign our NJ Sept 11 Memorial Foundation petition AND WRITE SOMETHING ABOUT THE LOCATION BEING IDEAL.
Urge you to visit our online petition, http://www.PetitionOnline.com/nj911/ , kindly sign said petition and forward the link to the petition to every human being you have ever known in your life no matter what country they live in.
We encourage you to write something about the location being ideal as that is what the opposition, Friends of Liberty State Park, are attempting to say they are not agreeable to.
All four [4] Governors since Sept 11 have been our biggest cheerleaders and donators. FOLSP sued the Department of Environmental Protection, which is represented by the Attorney General through Deputy Atty Gen'l Helene Chudzik; if the Court grants oral argument, DAG Chudzik will appear in Court at the scheduled time. It will most likely be in the Appellate Division Court Room, 5th Floor, Hughes Justice Complex, 25 Market St., Trenton. I will keep Rick informed.

Edie Brower, Deputy Attorney General
Governor's Office of Recovery and Victim Assistance
P.O. Box 184 140 East Front Street 4th Floor Trenton, NJ 08625-0184
609/984-1618 609/777-1248 609/433-5209 Cell
Below is what I wrote:
This ideal NJ 9/11 Memorial location juxtaposing the Central Railroad of New Jersey historic site and within direct linear eyesight of the former WTC directly across the Hudson and within footsteps of the Ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island will endear itself to the world as an everlasting Memorial to all our NJ victims. This is a lovely tribute to not only my brother, Robert Emmett Parks Jr, who was killed that day in 1WTC/105/CantorFitzgerald but also to the o-so-many others whom I had known as well as those I have learned of.
E. Betzy Parks
sister of Robert E. Parks Jr. killed Sept 11 in 1WTC/105/CantorFitzgerald
click hyperlink about my Brother: http://www.legacy.com/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonID=93185
Founding Board Member of www.nj911memorial.org 501(c)(3)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Announcements/Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: