Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sat Apr 22
Sun Apr 23
Mon Apr 24
Tue Apr 25
Wed Apr 26
Thu Apr 27
Fri Apr 28
REACTION TO CONGRESSMAN ISSA'S COMMENTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: REACTION TO CONGRESSMAN ISSA'S COMMENTS
From Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:00 am to Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:59 am (included)

"I have to ask why . . . the firefighters who went there and everyone in the City of New York needs to come to the federal government,"

"How much money has the federal government put out post-9/11, including the buckets of $10 and $20 billion we just threw at the State and the City of New York versus how much has been paid out by the City and the State of New York?".

"It's very simple: I can't vote for additional money for New York if I can't see why it would be appropriate to do this every single time a similar situation happens, which quite frankly includes any urban terrorist. It doesn't have to be somebody from al Qaeda. It can be someone who decides that they don't like animal testing at one of our pharmaceutical facilities."

Above are comments from Congressman Issa from California
As we get further away from 2001 you will see more and more comments like this.

While the country was once united in support those who were once hailed as heroes are now being told to go away.

This Congressman is your typical “if it doesn’t impact me why should I pay for it” politician.

It is obvious that he has learned to play the game over his 8 years in office.

He would be the first one on line for federal aid if his driveway ever cracked during an earthquake.

As much as I hate politicians of this type and unfortunately they outnumber the good ones we do deserve a fair share of the credit for why people feel this way.

I hate to sound like a broken record but facts are facts.

If we went after the inappropriate loans and grants issued after 9/11 and required that all of the contractors that got paid and didn’t deliver returned the money instead of giving them new contracts we would have more than enough money to take care of those in need.

For that matter the money paid by the city to all the lawyers to fight claims as well as all the salaries paid to the various agencies set up after 9/11 (LMDC LMCCC etc) that are staffed by political appointees we would not have this problem.

But that will never happen.

It will not happen here and it will not happen in New Orleans.

Billions of dollars of waste at the Federal, state and local levels that they will never try to recover.

That is where we should be going after the money to fund this necessary program.

In today’s economic climate we cannot expect anything additional from the Federal Government.

But if we could get one local official to call for these audits and the appropriate action we would be able to fund it with no new influx of new money.

But that will never happen when you have a Representative like Issa serving on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Dennis

PS:Maybe we should ask our presidential candidates to give us one percent of what they have spent on their campaigns.

Now that would actually be a change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: