Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon Jun 26
Tue Jun 27
Wed Jun 28
Thu Jun 29
Fri Jun 30
Sat Jul 01
Sun Jul 02
YET ANOTHER LETTER TO MAYOR'S OFFICE RE: REMAINS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: YET ANOTHER LETTER TO MAYOR'S OFFICE RE: REMAINS
From Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:00 am to Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:59 am (included)

To: Borakove, Ellen (OCME); Rehnberg-Campos, Ada; Bernstein, Jarrod; bbutcher@ocme.nyc.gov; 911familyquestions

The requests in the message copied below have been made many times over the course of many months. I have asked you to tell me if I am directing these questions to the wrong party and, if so, to advise me about the correct contact for the information I have requested. I cannot understand why none of you has responded. We can only surmise that you are deliberately withholding information or that you have not been genuine in some of the public statements you have made.
Once again, please respond promptly.

Sincerely,

Diane Horning

---- Original Message -----
To: Borakove, Ellen ; Rehnberg-Campos, Ada ; Bernstein, Jarrod ; bbutcher@ocme.nyc.gov ; 911familyquestions

Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: WTC Recovery Update for Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Dear Ellen, Ms Butcher, Ada, Nazli and Mr. Bernstein,
I have made several requests for information. None of these requests has been answered. In one of my messages, I asked if perhaps I was sending my questions to the wrong person. I asked that you direct me to the correct source. That request was not answered either. So, once again, please tell me the following:

Please explain what is meant by the "Liberty Street section." Please indicate what format will be used for the promised monthly updates. The most recent report does not follow the format used in the previous report. It is difficult to stay updated without the ability to compare one month to the next.
On Sept. 10, 2007, Ms Butcher indicated that work has begun in the area we pointed out in the area of the 1/9 subway. Can you tell us what is being done there? We looked from the sites of both family rooms and were not able to see any evidence of this search. We would like to make arrangements to see, first-hand, what is being done there. We will sign appropriate waivers and wear appropriate protective gear. We have also asked on several occasions to be told what training the workers are being given to enable them to determine what is significant and worthy of bringing to the attention of the ME's office. To date, we still do not know if people working on the site have been given any training. I look forward to a prompt response.

To this previous message, I also want to add another: Explain what is being done at the World Financial Center. Is the work being done there, or has material been taken to Brooklyn for examination?

Once more, we would like to visit the work sites at the World Trade Center and surrounding areas. We would like to see how the process is taking place. In addition, please send me the procedures you use to train workers on the actual site (not at Water Street). While I was promised this information , I have never received it.

I anticipate a complete and prompt response. Thank you, Diane Horning
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: COMMENT FROM ANTHONY GARDNER Reply with quote

Like Diane, I would also welcome and appreciate an immediate response to the questions she has repeatedly asked. I cannot understand why to this point they have gone unanswered and unacknowledged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: