Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun May 21
Mon May 22
Tue May 23
Wed May 24
Thu May 25
Fri May 26
Sat May 27
IT'S A MATTER OF RESPECT (RESPONSE)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: IT'S A MATTER OF RESPECT (RESPONSE)
From Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:00 am to Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:59 am (included)

Mr. Rogers,

The simple fact that you rejected this op ed because it has a lot less news value just goes to proves it point. (it appears you did not even read it). Had it caused friction between 9/11 groups and the mayor as have so many of Mr. Stanke's articles I am sure that it would have made the cut.

Thank you for your offer but since all but one letter I have ever written have made it to print in your paper I do not think that it is worth the effort.

Although I do not agree with the way you select what is acceptable and what is not I respect your opinion.

I might suggest that you re-read the piece because you have appeared to miss the point.

I will share your response as well as this with my distribution.

Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: joshua.e.rogers@gmail.com [mailto:joshua.e.rogers@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Josh Rogers
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:15 AM
To: Dennis McKeon
Subject: Re: IT'S A MATTER OF RESPECT

Dennis,

I have no idea how you would define a positive or negative piece, but I can tell you there have been few instances where we have rejected an op-ed submission from a relative of someone killed on 9/11.
Let me explain why we rejected this one. Soon after Burke's piece was published, the mayor accepted a plan for the 9/11 ceremony that as I understand it, is agreeable to many of the family members who raised objections including you. Since it is no longer an unresolved question and you are no longer an aggrieved party -- in the sense that I believe you are satisfied with the current plan for the 9/11 ceremony
-- there is a lot less news value to your op-ed. Had it still been an open question or had the mayor maintained his original position, we would have looked at your piece very differently and probably would have been inclined to publish it. As I mentioned, we are already running a few letters reacting to Burke's piece and I'm sure we'll run more in the future if we get them.
I invite you to submit pieces in the future as new issues arise connected to the WTC.
Thanks

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: