Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Fri Jul 21
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Sat Jul 22
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Sun Jul 23
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Mon Jul 24
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Tue Jul 25
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Wed Jul 26
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
Thu Jul 27
WHERE TO TURN PART T...
WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR MUCH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR MUCH
From Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:00 am to Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:59 am (included)

As everyone knows by now the Mayor has agreed to meet with us to discuss the 9/11 Ceremony.

By most reports in the media it appears that he is holding steady to his position but at least he is willing to meet.

Our current and continued concern is that our request has been misrepresented.

We understand that the ceremony will not be able to take place in the PIT.

The following is our proposal.

We are recommending that as the names are being read the families be allowed to proceed down Liberty to the entrance to the ramp.

We are asking that speakers be placed along the route so that the names can be heard by all.

We also asked that the families be allowed to proceed down the ramp to a small area at its base.

This area, no more than a few hundred feet, could be secured by whatever means necessary to assure that access to the rest of the pit is prohibited.

The families would be allowed to place flowers or say a prayer and proceed back up the ramp and out of the area.

As in the past there will be a steady flow of family members as the names are being read so there will not be thousands accessing the area at any given time.

As you can see by the attached photo the area at the base of the ramp is far enough away from any construction equipment.

One must also take into consideration that the Port Authority has already confirmed that there will be no active construction on 9/11.

We feel that this is a viable and safe alternative.

Dennis McKeon

718-619-2371

gz 0806.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.17 KB
 Viewed:  2728 Time(s)

gz 0806.jpg

DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: It Saddens My Heart Reply with quote

It saddens my heart that we must constantly go through loopholes everyday to be heard. It shouldn’t be this way. Our loved ones were murdered and a proper investigation has never happened and to this day I do not understand why. I pray every day that our government officials have a conscience and their hearts are open wide with love and compassion for themselves and for us.
I do not know how they sleep at night.

To the love and devotion we have in every moment,

Michele Little
Sister of Fallen Firefighter
FDNY David M. Weiss
Rescue 1 Midtown Manhattan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: