Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue May 23
Wed May 24
Thu May 25
Fri May 26
Sat May 27
Sun May 28
Mon May 29
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
From Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:00 am to Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:59 am (included)

On 9/11/01 all of America was saying "NEVER FORGET.Some want to forget. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. No family members have slowed construction. Construction is halted one day a year (9/11), no safety issue as an excuse. No matter how many buildings are built on WTC site, it will always be a cemetery.Does America want us to go to the cemetery and leave our flowers outside?

Jim Riches father of FF Jimmy Riches Eng 4 9/11 American hero
1003 Shore Parkway Brooklyn NY 11228

I sent this message to both, the Post and the Staten Island Advance.

Its just plain wrong. I know from the last piece the Post wrote about me that they attritubed 1/2 the article to quotes of me which I never said and also left out 90% of what I did say. They are dishonest and lack integrity. They only write what they think is sensational enough to sell papers.
Reggie Cervantes

Had anyone polled the 9/11 Community, they would have discovered that we are in unison. We are not done greiving and this forcefull banning from "sacred ground" during our grieving process is more than disrespectful its incensitive.

Does the site work 24/7? Is it so difficult to allow for one day of mourning? or has the city placed profit over healing once again on the forefront. It is obvious to those of us who have worked to prevent what occurred on 9/11 from repeating that the mayor is business as usual, expecting us to move on with little notice and no regard to the issues at hand.
The families are united in making sure we dont have another 9/11, that we build with safety concerns first and that we leave no one behind. As a rescue worker survivor, I can say they can speak for me anytime, for they carry the message of concern and caring as they always have.

Reggie Cervantes

ONCE AGAIN, MS PEYSER HAS SHOWN A TOTAL LACK OF INFORMATION, UNDERSTANDING AND COMPASSION. AS IN THE PAST, I WILL ASK MS PEYSER TO WALK IN OUR SHOES. INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME CRITICIZING THE FAMILIES, THINK ABOUT HOW SHE WOULD FEEL IF, GOD FORBID, IT WAS HER LOVED ONE WHO WAS BLOWN TO BITS AND NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN. AFTER ALMOST 6 YEARS, THEY ARE STILL RECOVERING BONE FRAGMENTS AND FAMILIES ARE ANXIOUSLY AWAITING TO HEAR IF THEIR PRECIOUS LOVED ONE WILL BE IDENTIFIED.
LIKE IT OR NOT, MS. PEYSER, 3,000 SOULS
WENT TO ETERNITY THAT DAY AND THIS COUNTRY, NEW YORK AND ALL OF ITS CITIZENS SHOULD BE ON THEIR KNEES EVERY SEPT. 11TH, THANKING GOD THEIR FAMILY IS INTACT.
THE CONNECTION TO GROUND ZERO IS PROFOUND AND THE VERY LEAST MR MAYOR SHOULD DO IS LET THE FAMILIES DOWN THE RAMP TO SACRED GROUND, SAY THEIR PRAYERS AND REMEMBER THEIR LOVED ONES.

ROSEMARY CAIN, MOTHER OF FF GEORGE C. CAIN MASSAPEQUA, N.Y.

After 9/11 Andrea Peyser, could be seen attending every major event concerning the 9/11 families, whether it be a funeral or a rally. She circulated amongst us, with her seemingly compassionate puppy dog eyes to gain our confidence, in her quest to get a good news story. I must admit she told our heart wrenching stories very well. Now Ms. Peyser feels the need to criticize the very people she was so compassionate to by suggesting they move on and mourn somewhere other than the WTC site where so many people died and have not been found or identified. Why would anyone criticize such a human need or waste their talents writing about moving on when it is far from over for us, the surviving family members. Her waffling back and forth destroys her credibility. My firefighter son was killed that day and never found and although I do not have a need to be on the site on the anniversary I still understand why others do. Obviously Ms. Peyser did not lose a loved one that day and her closest living relative must be a cat.

Domenica Ragusa, mother of deceased FF. Michael Ragusa Eng 279/250

The Record - Letter to the Editor - August 6, 2007

Mike Kelly's column "Site shift dishonors memory of Sept. 11 victims" (Page A-3, July 26) is essential reading for New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

They both need to hear the collective voice and anger of Sept. 11 families regarding the plan to move the sixth-anniversary memorial service from Ground Zero, on the site of the former World Trade Center.

How fitting it would be for Spitzer and Bloomberg to cease operations at Ground Zero for all or part of the day in recognition of the 2,749 victims who were killed on Sept. 11, 2001.

Sept. 11 is not a day for business as usual -- especially at Ground Zero.

Arnold Korotkin

Little Falls, July 25
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: