Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Thu May 25
Fri May 26
Sat May 27
Sun May 28
Mon May 29
Tue May 30
Wed May 31
A MOTHER'S RESPONSE TO OUR LETTER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: A MOTHER'S RESPONSE TO OUR LETTER
From Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:00 am to Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:59 am (included)

BRAVO.....I would not consider attending a Memorial service put on by the City at Zuccatti Park. I have all the gratitude and respect for the bravery and unselfishness of First Responders. I also am appalled and disgusted by the treatment of their severe health issues. This in no way would be meant to slight them.

If the Sept 11th Memorial Service is not returned to Ground Zero, I support wholeheartedly having our own service. Perhaps, we could even ask the First Responders if they would read the names at our ceremony.

I sincerely believe this would be a strong and powerful way of saying to all City, State and Federal elected officials; The Port Authority, all other City agencies AND The United States of America - that we are fed up with the treatment and total disrespect that has been given to our loved one, their families, and the horrific events of Sept. 11th. It is almost six years and human remains are being found almost every day. How could ANYONE not say there is definitely something very wrong with the current recovery operation. It is inhuman - and un-American not to try everything in our power to recover all human remains and bury them with dignity.

If there is anything - in any way - that I can do to help, PLEASE let me know.

Joyce Gales
Mother of Peter R. Kellerman, Cantor Fitzgerald, 104th Floor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: