Joined: Mar 17, 2005
Location: Staten Island
|Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:21 pm Post subject: LOOK WHAT WE FOUND.....NO WAY TO RUN A SEARCH OPERATION
From Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 am to Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:59 am (included)
|Today besides releasing a report on which remains have inexplicitly disappeared the City also reported that they will now be expanding their search efforts into areas that we have been asking them to search for months.
The city only continues to search in areas where construction crews accidentally find what they believe to be human remains.
Again these are not archeologists or anthropologists making these initial observations but construction workers.
We will never know how many remains have been missed and discarded in areas where construction has already taken place.
Months ago we asked that the city set up and share a comprehensive plan along with a complete grid map of the entire search area.
We also asked that all conduits, sewers and utility and transit tunnels be mapped and searched.
Here we are almost nine months later and the search still only expands into areas where remains are accidentally found.
For over nine months Diane Horning has been asking questions about the search as well as the so called procedures and protocols in place.
For over nine months the city has promised answers but delivered none.
For over nine months we have been asking for a report detailing how many of the 1470 remains (not 1462) have been tested.
We have been ignored.
All we have been told in that no positive DNA matches have been found.
We never get direct answers to any of our questions.
But today Ed Skyler states "We have been following the plan we devised last year, but we have also been guided by the evidence that has been uncovered in the nine months since. As we have said since the beginning, when we learn more about what is below the ground, we are going to adapt our plan to address it." And we are supposed to be happy.
We told them to search the Haul Road and they dragged their feet for six months.
We told them to search the area of the Greek Orthodox Church and they delayed for seven months
We told them to search all of the surrounding rooftops and they have refused.
By not having a documented and publicly accessible plan they can basically bring it to a close at their convenience.
Doesn’t anyone find it odd that not one remain was recovered during the building of transit hub?
Remember this was before the remains were accidentally found in the Con Ed manhole.
The accidental find that has become the blueprint for the hit and miss plan of the current search.
And what does the city have to say?
"We will add additional areas to the search plan as necessary, and [medical examiner investigators] will likely have a presence at the WTC site for some time to come,"
At this rate it will never end and there will always be a feeling that remains were missed because they were not accidentally found.
Put It Above Ground