Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue Mar 28
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Fri Mar 31
Sat Apr 01
Where to Turn Cleanu...
Sun Apr 02
Mon Apr 03
Letter to Mayor Bloomberg Re: Memorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Letter to Mayor Bloomberg Re: Memorial
From Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:00 am to Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:59 am (included)

03/08/07

Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Chairman, World Trade Center Memorial Foundation
One Liberty Plaza
20th Floor
NYC, NY 10006

Dear Mayor Bloomberg,

I had to respond when I read your request for a donation to help support the construction regarding the building of the WTC Memorial and Memorial Museum. You were asking for contributions in order to make it possible to honor the memory of the lives that were lost in the terrorists attacks. At first glance one would think that this was a reasonable and worthy request. However as Mayor of the City and Chairman of the WTC Memorial Foundation you have placed yourself in a conflicting position as you relentlessly dishonor the victims and continue to terrorize the families.

How can you ask for donations in order to honor these people when you are allowing construction to take place on top of their remains? How could anyone contribute to a cause that is being chaired by such a hypocrite? You do not have an ounce of respect for those that were murdered, you refuse to list their names properly and you have left New Yorkers with a lack of trust in everything that is being done. Not only was this major event never investigated as a crime, more recently making matters worse, the discovery of new remains has not been correctly addressed by the city.

No matter what the circumstance, human remains should never be left behind. But what more should I expect from someone who has no problem disrespecting viciously murdered people by leaving their remains in a landfill.

Finally, I have not just randomly decided to write this letter. It was your request for me to share my comments with you. Therefore, with all due respect, I do believe that I have described the situation accurately and I certainly know that I am sharing my honest reaction to the letter that was mailed to me.

Sincerely,

Jane Pollicino
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: