Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun Jun 25
Mon Jun 26
Tue Jun 27
Wed Jun 28
Thu Jun 29
Fri Jun 30
Sat Jul 01
Letter to NYC & the Medical Examiner's re human remains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Letter to NYC & the Medical Examiner's re human remains
From Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:00 am to Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:59 am (included)

To:

Deputy Mayor Ed Skyler ESkyler@cityhall.nyc.gov

NYC Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Charles Hirsch chirsch@ocme.nyc.gov,

January 26, 2007
Dear Dr. Hirsch, Mr. Skyler, et. al,

I am in receipt of the latest email, and heard the "breaking news" bulletin on the Ch 2 newscast this evening that the Medical Examiner's office announced that 10 human remains were found at GZ today.

I and other family group leaders and family members have numerous questions, which were asked, but not answered, at the recent 11 Water Street tour. I have additional questions regarding this latest news: who found the latest remains at GZ? the construction workers? or someone else? how is it that this announcement was made so quickly and definitively? we thought that all materials were searched only by M.E.'s office representatives at 11 Water Street? How large are these remains? exactly what area of the haul road was it found? how deep? just how deep are you digging? are you digging down to "virgin soil"? Why no identifications of the one thousand remains found thus far? These are just some of the numerous questions that we have a right to have answered re our loved ones.

We were told at 11 Water Street that "it was not the right time" to ask and receive answers to our questions. I would now like to reiterate that it is time to have a meeting for the family group leaders & their advisors, where we can receive answers to all of our questions about this entire process.

To reiterate our past requests, we would like all the "correct persons" who are capable of answering all pertinent questions regarding the human remains of our loved ones, to be present at such a meeting to provide us with the information that we have been seeking for nearly one year.

We were told that such a meeting could be arranged, and I and others would like to have a fully informational meeting as soon as possible. We also reiterate our original request to receive a copy of the protocols, policies and procedures for this search and identification process.

A prompt reply would be most appreciated regarding potential dates for such a meeting. Thank you.

Sally Regenhard, Chairperson, Skyscraper Safety Campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: