Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue Mar 28
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Fri Mar 31
Sat Apr 01
Where to Turn Cleanu...
Sun Apr 02
Mon Apr 03
WTC holiday greeting, spirit are missed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: WTC holiday greeting, spirit are missed
From Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:00 am to Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:59 am (included)

We hope that the response to this letter to the Sun Herald is not an indication of how the PA is going to respond to other concerns such as the open area that is now in jeopardy because of the design of the transit hub

One would think the PA would have the money and the heart to replace this display.

On the other hand why would one think that of a government agency that has not and does not plan to display an American flag at the site.

Put It Above Ground

WTC holiday greeting, spirit are missed

Dear Annie:

I used to work at the World Trade Center. My favorite times were during the Christmas season. The entire plaza would come alive with festivities and good will. The year before 9/11, my office was loaded with gifts being hidden until Christmas Eve. All of us, from all faiths, looked forward to the annual Christmas party where we let our hair down for a night of laughter and excitement.

Before 9/11, there were these huge white block letters in the plaza that spelled "PEACE ON EARTH." I never knew how the letters got there or who put them there. They were like a smile greeting me in the morning and wishing me a good night.

I did not know it would be the last Christmas I would see them. What happened to these letters of hope? I sure would like to see them again.

D.C. in Beacon, N.Y.

Dear D.C.:

We contacted Pasquale DiFulco, spokesperson for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and discovered that those letters were stored in the World Trade Center.

Here is his reply: "The letters were destroyed on 9/11, but the message of hope that they conveyed remains as vibrant as ever. As we celebrate the holidays this time of year with family and friends, it is the perfect occasion to remember the spirit of that message and do what we can, each in our own way and together as one, to work toward peace on earth."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: