Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue Mar 28
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Fri Mar 31
Sat Apr 01
Where to Turn Cleanu...
Sun Apr 02
Mon Apr 03
WHERE ARE THE PROTOCOLS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: WHERE ARE THE PROTOCOLS?
From Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:00 am to Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:59 am (included)

To All,

Below please find a series of correspondences between Diane Horning and Brad Adams Of the Medical Examiner's Office.

The first step in the search process is to have a written protocol in place as to how to excavate and handle the recoveries.

We have been asking to see a copy of the current protocol in place at Ground Zero since early September.

As you can see it is now December and our requests have gone unanswered.

One must assume that there are no protocols in place.

That would also explain the haphazard approach to the search as well as the omission of areas from the search grid.

Again a perfect example of why we cannot trust the city to handle this search on their own.

Put It Above Ground

Bradley Adams, PhD

Forensic Anthropologist

Office of Chief Medical Examiner

520 First Ave.

New York, NY 10016

Dear Mr. Adams,

When we met at the OCME in late September, I asked you for the written policies and protocol of the M.E.'s office and the City for the search for human remains at and near "ground zero." This is not the directive about what will be searched and when, but rather the procedures for the search. How will the search be conducted? Who is the person designing the method of search? Who has the ultimate authority to organize and oversee the actual search? What part do such entities as the DDC, the LMCCC and the Dormitory Commission have in setting these procedures?

When we met with Deputy Mayor Skyler on Oct. 27, I reminded you that you had promised to send out those written documents ASAP. You again indicated they would be sent right out. I have still not received any written documents. These can be sent to my email address at WTCFamiliesforProperBurial@comcast.net or to our PO Box at:

WTC Families for Proper Burial, Inc.

P.O. Box 236

Fanwood, NJ 07076

Thank you for your prompt response.

Sincerely, Diane Horning

----- Original Message -----
To: WTCFamiliesforProperBurial@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 9:53 AM
Subject: documents

Hi Diane- Ellen passed along your email to me. I am sorry about the delay in response. I just wanted to send you a quick email to touch base and let you that I will definitely follow-up on this and do my best to get you some answers ASAP.

brad

From: WTC Families For Proper Burial [mailto:WTCFamiliesforProperBurial@comcast.net]
Sent: Tue 12/5/2006 10:52 AM
To: Adams, Bradley (OCME)
Subject: Re: documents

Are there any answers yet? Diane

To: WTC Families For Proper Burial
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 8:27 PM
Subject: RE: documents

I have been out of the office a lot recently with the expanded search. I will continue to follow-up. My apologies yet again.

brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: