Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon Mar 27
Tue Mar 28
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Fri Mar 31
Sat Apr 01
Where to Turn Cleanu...
Sun Apr 02
REQUEST FOR LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: REQUEST FOR LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
From Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:00 am to Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:59 am (included)

To All,

Please take a moment and write a letter to the editor of one of our local papers. It is important that people are aware of what is going on.

As most of you know Mayor Bloomberg has just been named the WTC Memorial Chairman, this followed Governor Pataki being made a lifetime member of the Memorial Committee.

The conflicts of interest as well as the obvious political reasons behind these appointments just fly in the face of the “open and democratic process” that they have always claimed to behind the memorial process.

I must have missed the memo that changed the process from a democracy to a monarchy.

We now have Mayor Bloomberg who

Is 100% behind the random placement of names on the Memorial

Refuses to bring in JPAC to properly search for human remains at the site

Has done nothing to resolve the remains issue at Fresh Kills

Now is in charge of a memorial that is not being built on NYC property and will not be built to NYC Building and Fire codes

All family members will certainly sleep much better tonight after this news.

Please send a letter and let them know that we will not be intimidated and are not impressed with the ongoing theatrics of the WTC Foundation. They may begin to get more corporate donations (Someone should ask AMEX why the Memorial needed Bloomberg as its chair to get its 10 million dollar donation). More and more family members are getting so frustrated that they have told me they will never visit the memorial even if it is ever built.

In the end I guess that this is what the powers that be wanted all along. I guess they won’t feel as guilty charging admission to family members if only a few visit. More room for the tourists.

This should not be about egos. It should not be about politics. It should only be about properly honoring all those who were killed that day.

They just don't get it and it appears they never will.

For those involved I leave this quote from Bruce Barton

“Conceit is God’s gift to little men”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: