Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun May 21
Mon May 22
Tue May 23
Wed May 24
Thu May 25
Fri May 26
Sat May 27
A LITTLE LESS POLITCAL CORRECTNESS......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: A LITTLE LESS POLITCAL CORRECTNESS......
From Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:00 am to Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:59 am (included)

To All,

A LITTLE LESS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AND A LITTLE MORE THOUGHT, HEART AND COMMON SENSE

As I stood with family members and listened to the union speeches on Monday at Ground Zero it amazed me that we have been doing this for nearly five years. Nothing has ever come easy. Three years ago I warned people that they must be careful what they ask for. When family members were demanding that ground zero be designated sacred ground to bed rock I knew that the powers that be would jump at the opportunity to take them at their word and place the Memorial underground. They could then argue that it was what the families asked for. They continue to do it, twisting everything that is said and putting their spin on it. For example the PA Building and Fire codes were constantly being touted as stricter than the NYC codes. Now they have moved to the stand that they will meet the stricter NYC codes. When did the codes change? Did theirs get softer or did New York City’s get stricter?

The fact that we had to have a rally almost 13 years to the day that terrorists exploded a bomb killing 6 Americans in the same underground space where they now want to place the Memorial did not surprise anyone.

The fact that not one elected official was at the rally also came as no surprise. From city to state to federal government all we continue to get is lip service. When they are with us or need our votes they are our best friends. Well I think that friends would have gotten something done in nearly five years.

The fact of the matter is that an act of Congress created the Port Authority. No matter what the Governors of NY or NJ say I have not seen either approach Congress to enact any Legislation to get the

Port Authority to follow the NYC Building and Fire codes. Maybe 5 years is not enough time.

If you think that this problem is isolated at Ground Zero it is not. I received a call from a woman in Pennsylvania and they are having similar problems with the Flight 93 Memorial. The selected design is called “Crescent of Embrace” and the landscaping following the design of a crescent which just so happens to be the principle symbol of Islam. This has been brought up numerous times and has been ignored. A sculpture of an angel which was erected at the sight has been moved because they did not want a religious symbol at the site because it might offend non Christians. So a Crescent is OK but an angel is not. To make matters worse there are 44 translucent blocks on the flight path to the crash site. Now let see there were 33 passengers and 7 crew members killed. If you do the math that would be 40 stones in my memorial. I guess we need the other 4 blocks to honor the four terrorists that killed our friends and family members. Even if that is not the intent just the idea that it is even possible should have steered them away from that number.

These types of mistakes haunt both locations and unfortunately the families will have to endure the indignity if they are allowed to continue and at Ground Zero they will possibly lead to additional loss of life as this location will be home to thousands of workers and visitors.

A little less political correctness and a little more thought, heart and common sense would go a long way to correcting these issues.

I ask each of you to write your Representatives and demand that they actually make a stand by introducing legislation to rectify these issues it is the least they can do to honor our friends and family members murdered on 9/11 with the respect and dignity they deserve.

Dennis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: