Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Fri Apr 28
Sat Apr 29
Sun Apr 30
Mon May 01
Tue May 02
Wed May 03
Thu May 04
It Is Easier To Get Forgiveness Then It Is To Get Permission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: It Is Easier To Get Forgiveness Then It Is To Get Permission
From Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:00 am to Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:59 am (included)

To All,

One would have thought that by the 5th Anniversary of 9/11 that most of the recommendations would have been implemented and most of the promises kept. Unfortunately we do not live in such a world. Promises are forgotten almost as soon as the words leave the lips of those making them and recommendations are just a way of wasting time in the hopes that concerns are forgotten for they are very rarely implemented.

The only thing that remains constant is the fact that our government continues under the mantra that “It is easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission”

Turning the ports over to a UAE controlled company is just the latest example. Not to let Congress know that this was even under consideration and now for the President to state that he was not aware of this until recently is a joke. The bottom line is that those behind this new that if word got out in advance that there would be a tremendous public uproar. So they just go back to the mantra. Get it done behind closed doors and no one will be the wiser until it is too late. Once the deal is finalized leak it to the press and go into spin control and state that going forward we will be more open and above board.

It wouldn’t surprise me that if all of the washing machines in Washington only have a spin cycle.

I guess it is our fault as we continue to allow this to happen. It has been five years and

We are still no closer to a resolution at Ground Zero and the PA continues to do whatever it likes.

The remains still rest at Fresh Kills.

Soldiers are still dying and being critically injured and we allow veteran hospitals to close, while we spend billions on the war effort.

Thousands are still homeless in the South as Federal and State Relief efforts continue to fail miserably

And now we are going to allow the Pentagon to take over Disaster Relief.

And now after all of the promises of Homeland Security we turn our ports over to the UAE.

I know I sound like a broken record but we cannot continue to allow this to happen. Look at today’s papers, some of our Representatives are already backing down on the port issue just like they did on all of the promises made in 2001. Remember “Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me”

Let’s make sure that they know that we will not be continued to be fooled and that we will begin our own spin control by spinning them out of office in November.

Dennis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: