Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue Mar 28
Wed Mar 29
Thu Mar 30
Fri Mar 31
Sat Apr 01
Where to Turn Cleanu...
Sun Apr 02
Mon Apr 03
PORT SECURITY A FEW MORE IDEAS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: PORT SECURITY A FEW MORE IDEAS
From Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:00 am to Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:59 am (included)

To All,

As most of you know by now the Administration has determined that we should turn over the management of some of our major ports to a company owned by the United Arab Emirate of Dubai. This sounds like a great idea! Letís walk through the logic behind this. First they take the contract away from a British company, a company from the only country that has been a real ally to the United States. Then I guess they could not find one American company that was capable of handling this job. Finally they must have searched all of the potential companies from all of the countries across the globe and determined that they should award the contract to a country home to two of the 9/11 terrorists, a country that has been alleged (and I use that term loosely) to be involved with laundering vast amounts of money used to finance the attacks of 9/11. Makes you wonder if the following arenít being planned.

Awarding the contracts for all ports on the Pacific Coast to North Korea. They donít seem like too much of a threat and they can always protect them with their nuclear arsenal.

Award the contract for the protection of our southern border to the Columbian Cartel. They seem to have limitless resources and know the area probably better than anyone.

As for our Northern borders how about finding a company from say Libya or Iran or maybe even Iraq or Afghanistan hell isnít one of our goals to support their economies.

Now I know these are ridiculous ideas but not much more ridiculous than granting this contract to the United Arab Emirate of Dubai. Makes you wonder what goes into these decisions. Well at least I know I can sleep better knowing that Mr. Chertoff has assured us that this is the right decision. Based on decisions that have been made over the past four years itís a wonder anyone can sleep peacefully at all.

Dennis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: