Where To Turn home page
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ResourcesResources   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Mon Jun 26
Tue Jun 27
Wed Jun 28
Thu Jun 29
Fri Jun 30
Sat Jul 01
Sun Jul 02
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?...A WARNING FOR CELL PHONE USERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed )
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMCKEON
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?...A WARNING FOR CELL PHONE USERS
From Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 am to Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:59 am (included)

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?...A WARNING FOR CELL PHONE USERS

With more and more of our children now getting cell phones be aware of certain charges that are not very clear.

Checking your yoice mail is considered an out of network call and will not be covered under your in network plan. Don't ask how calling your own number can be considered out of network but it is. What makes this even more ridiculous is that if you call to get your messages from another phone in your network you are not charged. You are only charged if you check them from your own phone.
As you know you are charged for the number of text messages that you receive as well as those you send. Many companies have in network plans that have unlimited text messages with others in your network. Be advised that this does not include text messages sent from a computer. Kids may think that because they are in network when they send text messages from their phones that the same rules apply on their computer. Let them know that this is not the case and they will be charged for each text message that they receive from a computer. Their friends will also be charged for each text message they receive on their phone from a computer.

I have brought both these issues to the attention of Verizon wireless but have gotten no response. I have also contacted a few of our news outlets and asked for them to look into this.
Dennis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Where To Turn Forum Index -> Lost Art of Common Sense ( Op Ed ) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: